Wednesday, February 3, 2010

For The Guys

This is for all the nice guys. The ones that always seem to finish last and more often than not, stay in the friend zone. The ones who never turn their back on a female friend in need. The ones that always provide a shoulder to lean on. This is for the guys that endure the endless whining and bitching about how much guys are assholes. This is to honor the guys who sacrifice and put away their own feelings for the sake and happiness of the girl they like. This is for the guys that stop whatever they’re doing just to hear her rant about how bad her day went. This is for the guys that know she will not be listening to your advice but you give it anyway just because. This is for the guys that escort their wasted female friends home but never take advantage. For the guys that know his female friend is fishing for compliments, but you give it anyway because every girl needs that litany of support. This is to honor the guys that are credited as REAL boyfriend material but somehow ends up not being one. To all the guys that are used, underestimated, unappreciated, misled, manipulated, overlooked, and abandoned, this is for you.

This is for those times she did not have a date to a party and used you as the last resort. Dragging you to a party where you knew no one. Even though you were not comfortable, you went anyway because you’re nice like that. This is for the times you two were supposed to hang out but she flaked out because she was too lazy or not in the mood, but it was all okay with you because it is her.

The nice guys never get the credit they deserve. I just wish I could carve this understanding in everyone’s head, but it is just not possible. From what I have observed girls can be heartless, manipulative bitches. I am not saying they all are but they all have a tendency to be like that. Many of those girls state that they want a nice guy to court them, but when presented this species, they say irrational bullshit such as “He is too nice to date.” or “He would be a good one but not for me.” or worst of all; “It would just ruin our friendship.” Just something I can never understand. Bunch of total bullshit, seriously.

I am sure of this. There are girls out there that know not to take the nice guys for granted. The tricky part though is finding them and finding one that is actually single.

In conclusion, I take my hat off to all the nice guys. You all know who you are and I know you are sick of hearing yourself described as ubiquitously nice. The world does not realize how important you are. For all the insane, absurd things you have tolerated, I salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment