Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Greed and Materialism

People are fucking out of their minds. I look at the world around me and no one is ever satisfied with what they have and who they have. There are so many people in the world with nothing at all. Do you ever think of those starving homeless people in the streets? Or the people in Africa trying to survive the chaos? Yes, I talk about Africa because like I said all the bullshit we have is just the size of a pinky compared to theirs. What a shame. We can give so much but all you think about is yourselves. Actually, we do not even have to give so much, just enough but it will not happen because of greediness. And yes, that includes me too but I do not ask for so much. People are obsessed with things that will be rarely used but bought because it is pretty on the outside, but really as shallow as the shore of a beach. Such shallow minds but it is what it is. There are some people that asked me, “So, is it bad to reward yourself?” No, it is not. But it is once you indulge yourself with buying all the useless crap every time you reward yourself. All this material shit will fade and be destroyed in time. You know it. Nothing material lasts forever. But all the little things, the intangibles, the things you can never buy; they will last a long time and never fade such as family, knowledge, wisdom, etc. no matter the adversity. I am going to end it with this. Try finding balance in your life because if buying all these things completes you and fulfills you then you are lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment