Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saint Valentine

Valentine's Day is just a few days away. There are a lot of people that detest this day, but I am not one of them. I do not want to be bitter and ruin that day for the people that celebrate it.

I have never celebrated Valentine's Day. I have never had a Valentine, and I do not feel the need to ask someone to be my Valentine. I already have love around me and one day out of the whole year does not change the fact that I do. Love shows itself to me everyday and reveals itself in many different ways; through the continuous blessings bestowed upon me by God everyday frickin' day of my life, the never ending support I get from my parents and older brother, the laughs I share with my friends, the heartfelt kindness of my family, and so on. God, my family, and friends are the love of my life and always number one in my heart, it sounds cliché but it is true, nothing will ever change that.

Valentine's Day does not always have to be just showing love to your boyfriend or girlfriend but do so to anyone. And to the couples everyone that celebrates Valentine's Day, I respect that. To the couples, congratulations on finding each other. You must continue to love each other even when Valentine's Day have passed. Never take each other for granted. All I am trying to say is that love is not a one-time deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment