Saturday, July 31, 2010
All Me
For all the times people have told me that they wanted to know me, the whole me, and nothing less of me. They get to know the real me, but they then want to conceal me. My thoughts become too much, too blunt, too real to deal with. They take two steps back after every one inch forward. They take a double take and question their ability to be able to hear anymore of me. The whole me, the nothing less of me. I become too complex, too hard, too quick, too unpredictable. I throw the unspeakable in their faces which serve as the sample of what the true taste of my life is. As soon as they want to see me eye-to-eye, my stare becomes too cold. The truth unfolds, and I know that before anything began, it has already ended. So do not tell me you want to know me, the whole me, and nothing less of me. If you cannot handle the true me, the real me, with all the extra baggage of who I am, and where I stand as an individual. This is where I am at, there is where you are. To meet in the middle is not going to be easy, believe me. My life has no guarantees, no promises, and most definitely no possibilities of eternity. So please, ease up off my case and let me be. Unless you are really determined to know me, the whole me, and nothing less of me. If so, I am ready when you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment